Shopping for Mother’s Day is a bit different this year. So if you’re looking for a unique, last minute gift to make mom feel special, give her the gift of GRAZE! It’s easy to make and the kids can help!
What you will need:
a tray with a lip (you can even use a sheet pan)
1 large fruit such as pineapple, watermelon or cantaloupe
some lemons, limes, oranges and/or kiwi
pomegranate seeds (optional)
Show her some LOVE with heart apples. Cut the apple down the middle into 2 halves. Placing face side down, slice into small cuts, keeping the apple intact. Once the apple half is sliced, push the middle parts down and the sides up to create a heart shape. Slide the knife under the apple and transfer to the tray. Repeat with the other apple half.
2. Once the apples are on the tray, surround them with berries. Any berries will work. Blueberries give a nice color contrast, making the heart apple pop.
3. Slice oranges, limes, and lemons and arrange on the outer edges of the tray.
4. Add some flair with a “crowned” fruit fit for a queen. Using a kiwi, orange, lemon or lime, take the knife and make vertical zig zag cuts around the median of the fruit. Be sure to go deep enough to reach the middle of the fruit. Once complete, pull apart into 2 halves creating your crowns. Mom is sure to be impressed! Arrange on tray.
5. A large “Fruit Boat” in the middle of the tray give that WOW factor. Cut your large fruit in half. Using a big spoon hollow out a “boat” in the middle. Place in center of tray.
6. Fill the fruit boat with a variety of grapes and pomegranate seeds.